[MBL Discuss] Something slightly different

John Clark berek at tds.net
Mon Oct 23 20:12:48 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

Not all of you know some of my other activities that are library
related. Over the years, I've sort of become the Radar O'Reilly of the
Maine library community (often to my wife's dismay). Stuff no longer
wanted at libraries comes via the van line. If you're not familiar with
MIPS, it's one of my projects. It's a list of both complete and partial
sets of CDs and DVDs available as replacements of as stuff you can
request to expand your collection. A link to it is on the main page of
the Hartland Library website www.hartland.lib.me.us

   Last week, Melanie who used to be at the Farmington Library (now at
McArthur in Biddeford), sent me two totes of playaways they weeded. If
you don't have any and want to see how they go over in your library, or
have some and want a really inexpensive way to expand the selection (as
in free), email me at berek at tds.net and I'll shoot you a list of them.
For those in school libraries, there are a few classics in the mix.

Regards,

John Clark

--
Retired librarian, author, freelance editor, book reviewer
https://www.facebook.com/wizardofhartland