[MBL Discuss] Balsam working now

swills beyond-print.com swills at beyond-print.com
Sat Oct 28 11:42:49 EDT 2017

   This is a follow up to the error that occurred yesterday through this
   morning.  The specific error was that the boot partition on the staff
   web server became full and evergreen had no space to operate in.  While
   we test for many different conditions on the server, this condition was
   not being automatically monitored so no alert that a problem was
   brewing got generated.  This was compounded by a personal situation
   which took me away from email during this time period.   So, no early
   warning and after the system had crashed there was a delay in
   responding.

   I have created an early warning alert that should tell us when this
   partition is three quarters full. That should give us time to react
   before the system chokes in this manner in the future.

   Sorry for the inconvenience.

   Steve